If you have never tried or liked fish tilapia is a great fish to start with. It has a very non-fishy taste. It is also very reasonable cost wise. I bought a bag of 5 frozen pieces for under $4.
My family (minus my picky son) loves this. I usually cook at 400 for about 10-15 minutes and then broil the top for 5 minutes.
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
salt (I use seasoned salt)
2 lbs tilapia fillets
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Grease a broiler pan, then line with foil and grease the foil slightly.
- In a small bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add in all the remaining seasonings and salt if using; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan
- Top the fish with mixture and broil a few inches from the heat for about 6 minutes (maybe more depending on how thick the pieces are) or until fish is firm, white and flaky and the top is brown