1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips or 8oz of semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups of heavy cream, well chilled
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave or double boiler till smooth
- Pour the cream into a large mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the cream till slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Add the warm chocolate to the cream
- Continue beating on medium speed, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula until soft forms peak (about 1 minute). To test, turn off the mixer and lift the beaters, if the cream makes soft little peaks that flop over slightly, it is ready
- Spoon the mousse into serving cups or glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at lease 2 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings