For the milk gravy I did add more milk to thin it a bit more and I added more pepper and a good amount of onion powder to the gravy.
Chicken Fried Pork
1 1/2 pounds of boneless pork
1 tbs of water
28 saltine cracker squares, crushed (1 cup)
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Milk Gravy (below)
- Beat water and egg with wire wisk
- Mix cracker crumbs and pepper in shallow bowl
- Dip pork into egg mixture and then in cracker crumbs
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium to high heat
- Cook pork in oil for 3-4 minutes turning once till brown on the outside and slightly pink in the center
- remove pork from skillet and keep warm
- Make milk gravy and serve with pork
Drippings from pork and vegetable oil
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups of milk
- Stir flour and salt into pork drippings. Cook over a low heat stirring constantly to loose brown particles from skillet until smooth and bubbly, then remove from heat.
- Slowly pour milk into skillet, stirring constantly. Heat to a boil over a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute, then serve.