Friday, November 7, 2008

Everything Cookies = more fiber

My son wanted to bake this morning on his day off from preschool. I was limited on what I had so I tried this recipe because I had All Bran extra fiber cereal and most of the other ingredients (I did not add the coconut or pecans). It was nice that this was a one bowl recipe so it was less dishes for me to clean. I also only made 1/2 the recipe because who needs 53 cookies?? So I just cut all the ingredients by half.


I like to use All Bran extra fiber cereal when I make some treats for the kids to add some extra fiber to their diet why at the same time giving them a tasty treat. BUT I noticed this morning when I looked at the label it contains HFCS so I will be getting rid of the box and trying to find a more natural bran cereal to cook with
.

Everything Cookies
53 cookies


1 cup applesauce (I use Motts Natural, no sugar added)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup oats
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup all-bran cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

  1. Mix all ingredients together and drop onto light greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes at 350

My son said these were the best cookies ever (I am sure that really means best for now !!). I thought they were good for cookies with lots of fiber.

No comments: