Yet another muffin, yet another way to sneak in some vegetables. Any child I have given these to have loved them, you can also add some nuts for protein if you would like.
I chop the zucchini in my mini food processor to make it nice and small
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two 12 cup muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Beat in sugar and oil.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, zucchini, and stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix just until moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store loosely covered