This was really good and a nice change from the usual chili which my kids do not really like.
Creamy White Chili
1 T. oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, chopped
14-oz can chicken broth
2 15-1/2 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
1-1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. dried oregano
8-oz container sour cream1/2 pt. whipping cream
10-oz. pkg. corn chips
8-oz. bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and onion.
- Saute until chicken is cooked through; set aside.
- Combine broth, beans, chiles and seasonings in a large soup pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil
- Add chicken mixture; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream; mix well, heat and serve
- Top with corn chips and cheese. Serves 8.