My kids love these and they are a great source of extra fiber for them. I usually add some raisins to the mix also. I made these in my muffin top pan
Buttermilk Bran Muffins
1 cup wheat bran (you can buy wheat brand at most grocery stores)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups white flour or whole wheat flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk (can you the buttermilk recipe I posted before)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoons molasses
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 16-18 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Serve with or without butter