Easy Cracker Candy
1-2 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar or packed dark brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Place the crackers side by side in a foil-lined jelly-roll pan (I spray the foil with non-stick spray).
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the baked crackers.
- Let stand 5 minutes then spread the melted chocolate over the top.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Invert onto a flat surface; remove the foil and break into pieces.
Store, covered in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Note: You can skip the chocolate chips- it's still delicious