I would have these as a kid and now my kids love them. I usually double the recipe since my kids usually eat four each.
I sometimes just put the sauce on the side and not on top when baking it
Crescent Chicken Rolls
1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup grated cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (or any cheese of choice)
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup half-and-half cream or milk
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a casserole dish (any size to hold crescent rolls).
- In a saucepan, mix half and half cream, 1/2 cup grated cheese and undiluted chicken soup.
- Heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil).
- Pour half of the cream mixture on the bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in the chopped chicken and onion; mix well until combined.
- Roll up 1 (scant) tbsp of mixture in the crescent rolls, and place seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
- Drizzle the remaining cream sauce on top
- Bake for 30 minutes