This was really tasty and easy. I like the sauce before the cheese and bacon so you could very well just do the sauce minus the cheese and bacon and serve over rice. I served it with corn and a side salad.
Crockpot Bacon and Cheese Chicken2 T olive oil
4-6 chicken breast halves, or equivalent bird pieces (I used 8 breast tenders)
12 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of your crock and spread it around. If you are using thighs or fattier cuts of meat, this step is probably optional.
- Put the chicken in the crock on top of the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing.
- Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Add the shredded cheese and the crumbled bacon to the crock, getting between the chicken pieces, if you can.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken pieces are, and if they are fresh or frozen