Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joes remind me of growing up. This is a nice and easy recipe with ingredents that most people have in their cabinet. You can make these with ground beef or ground chicken.

Sloppy Joe's


2 lbs hamburger
1 onion, diced
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2-3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons chili powder
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon mustard (optional)
  1. Brown hamburger and onion.
  2. Drain out grease.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 15-20 minutes with lid.

1 comment:

Jennifer Y. said...

Ok, now this is weird. I just made sloppy joes last night with a can of Manwich (got it for free). And I was thinking... This is good, but geez, I would never pay for this. I need to find a recipe to make this myself. Thanks for reading my mind!