2 large green or red peppers, halved lengthwise
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
about 2 ounces Salt and pepper, to taste
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- In a large pot, bring about half a potful of water to a boil.
- Add the peppers and boil for 3 minutes; drain. In the same pot, brown the hamburger, onion and garlic.
- Drain the fat and stir in the tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cook until the tomatoes are hot; remove from the heat and stir in the 4 ounces of cheese.
- Put the pepper halves in a greased 8x8" baking pan and fill with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese on top, if using.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes.