Monday, March 2, 2009

Basic Meatballs

This is a easy basic meatball recipe. You can add more seasoning to your preference if you like garlic, basil, oregano. I have even used these when I make swedish meatballs.

The one thing I always add is zucchini and carrots that have been chopped very small in my mini food chopped, as always trying to add more veggies to my kids diet.


1 lb beef, ground (you can also used ground turkey)
1 large egg
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup italian herbed breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste

  1. Mix all the ingredients together.
  2. Shape mixture by Tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls.
  3. Place the meatballs in a lightly greased 13 X 9 X 2 or 15 1/2 X 9 1/2 X 1-inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven until light brown, about 20-25 minutes.
    Drain off any excess fat and use meatballs as desired.

Freezing: Cool meatballs before freezing

Allow meatballs to thaw about 30 minutes at room temperature before using - use as desired with your favorite recipes.

These are uncooked. I made some for dinner tonight and some to freeze


No comments: